Our Day-Off Camps are perfect those pesky school holidays when parents have to work. Green Explorers Club is a fun way for your kids to spend the day, we are cheaper than a babysitter, and your kids will come home with a TON of new sustainability knowledge! Kids learn and explore topics such as endangered animals, ecosystems around the globe, and how they can be sustainable at home and in their communities. Our five rotating themes include Nature in Chicago, Animals Around the World, Our Changing Planet, Sustainable Kids and Endangered Species. More information on these themes can be found below!
Camps can be purchased by the half or full day with early drop off and late pick up available. Full-day camp runs from 9:00am to 3:00pm and half-day camp runs from 9:00am to 1:30pm. Before-Care available from 8:15am-9:00am and After-Care from 3:00pm-5:00pm. Summer Camps are for ages 4-10. Kids will need to bring a snack, a lunch and a reusable water bottle. We are a nut-free environment, so please snack accordingly!
* Before/After Care: We require a 24-hour notice in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) for drop-in Before and After Care. Our late pick up policy applies to after care. Weekly packages for after care are available at a discounted rate, but are not prorated and are non-refundable. Before care packages are available for the week but are non-refundable and not prorated. When drop-in days are open, drop-in before or after care will be available.
* Pickup/Drop Off: Drop off for camp is NO EARLIER than 8:50. If you need to drop your child off prior to that, please register him/her for before care. Pick up is at 1:30 or 3:00 pm.
FULL DAY/FULL WEEK
9a-3p / $400
HALF DAY/FULL WEEK
9a-1:30p / $300
DROP IN – FULL DAY
9a-3p / $85
DROP IN – HALF DAY
9a-1:30p / $65
8:15a-9a / $10
3p-5p / $30
Day-Off Camps 2020 Schedule
Chicago and Climate Change*
CTA Scavenger Hunt*
Wonderful World of Bugs*
Spring Cleaning: Natural DIY Hacks
*Spring Break Camp Days may be switched around based on weather as a few include Field Trips.
- AmitDad to Devan★ ★ ★ ★ ★ "Green Explorers Club hosted the birthday party for my 3 year old son and about 20 of his friends. They did a FANTASTIC job! They had fun educational events every 20 mins to keep the kids engaged and moving. The instructions were clear and easy to understand. Several parents commented on how well planned everything was and how the kids were engaged. They also took care of the goodie bags and helped with the cake. The team was very flexible and helpful. You could tell they had experience dealing with kids this age. It was one of the best experiences we've had throwing a birthday party. We highly, highly recommend Green Explorers Club."
- KarlaMom to Sebastian★ ★ ★ ★ ★ "Our son has loved all your programs! Your concept and program is FANTASTIC! I think it's very stimulating, unique, educational and creative."
- NicoleMom to Zachary★ ★ ★ ★ ★ "My five-year old son loved the Animals Around the World week of summer camp he did here! He came home excited to share all that he’d learned every day and learned lots of new info- which is impressive for this animal obsessed lil’ dude! In his words, I already knew tons about animals, but I didn’t know much about WHERE they lived, like ecosystems and habitats. My only regret was signing up for half day instead of full day because every day he was bummed to leave. We’ll definitely be doing full day when we sign up for August!"
- BrookeMom to Evangeline★ ★ ★ ★ ★ "Our kids have enjoyed this club, where they have explored and learned all about nature in and around the city. Highly recommend."
- JackieMom to Felipe and Maria Fernanda★ ★ ★ ★ ★ "My two kids are finishing up the first week of camp and have loved it! I particularly have been impressed with the educational component woven into a day of adventure and play. I'm so happy we found this camp!"
- KateMom to Brady
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"We’re always trying to challenge Brady to try new things and so he spent the last two days at camp at Green Explorers Club and he had a blast. He learned all kinds of fun things about coyotes and nature in Chicago and he came home with all kinds of treasures. Thanks to all the teachers for making the last two days so much fun! If your kiddos love nature and you’re looking for something outside of the normal sports camp, etc, check it out!"