WE ARE HIRING!
ABOUT GREEN EXPLORERS CLUB
Green Explorers Club bridges literacy and science by using award winning picture books to accompany our hands-on projects and experiments that model the real world. Kids travel to far away ecosystems, start their own gardens, explore our oceans, discover famous environmentalists and learn how to protect our planet.
JOB DESCRIPTION – CAMP COUNSELORS
We are looking for Camp Counselors to help run our summer camps in Lakeview, Chicago. Camp Counselors at Green Explorers Club are responsible for overseeing all daily projects and activities, leading nature walks, supervising free time, and maintaining a safe and fun environment for our future protectors of the planet. Camp Counselors run and supervise summer camp projects and activities, prepare camp materials for future camps, and clean up the camp location at the end of each day. Campers are between the ages of 5-10 years and a typical camp day runs from 9am-3pm, Monday through Friday. This job begins in May and ends in August. Our Camp Counselors care deeply about the environment, kids, being silly, and passing on knowledge. If you are patient, energetic, and reliable we would love to meet you.
• Organize indoor and outdoor activities with elementary-aged children.
• Lead recreational and educational activities.
• Educate campers about nature and the environment through games, projects and scientific explorations.
• Set up and maintain classroom equipment (as needed).
• Make sure all safety rules are followed.
• Work as a team with other camp counselors to manage the classroom and complete daily tasks.
• Ensure studio is clean and that campers do not litter recreational areas (or nature).
• Print sign in sheets.
• Greet campers each day, help children feel included and comfortable in the classroom.
• Perform first aid or take care of injuries as needed. Keep accurate incident logs.
• Prepare classroom for the next camp day before leaving at the end of each day.
• Proven experience as Camp Counselor or 1 year of childcare work required
• Familiarity with teaching or leading workshops with kids
• Must be reliable and a team player
• Strong communication skills with elementary students as well as peers
• Energetic and upbeat personality
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (strength and stamina to be on your feet for 6 hours a day)
• First aid- and CPR-certified
• Undergraduate Degree (or some college) preferred
• Love of nature and life sciences
• A background in early childhood education, elementary education, or environmental education preferred
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please review our website and social media pages to learn more about our work in Chicago and how you can join our amazing team!